This is a little spin on the anon question posted today RE: cars-

So now what do you all think when you look at a womens wedding ring? BIG rock - they must be loaded or small stone, you think well looks like man might not make that much. ETC. Come on girls, I know you do it. You know what my first thought is when its a big ole' rock? Must be fake. lol. What do you think? Whats your fist thought?

Yes ladys I am the same one who did the car posting. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, why so judgmental? How come if a man buys a woman a nice diamond ring, there must be something wrong with him? Sounds a bit like jealousy to me. I am going to wear this thing for the rest of my life, why not make it nice? Besides, if dh can spend over $2000 on a tv, well he can spend at least that on my ring.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Wow. Seriously shallow.

Being perfectly honest when I say I don't notice that stuff unless the woman is trying to flash it around and make people notice.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I just think she must be lucky either way because she has a man who loves her
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• LOL...well honestly my first thought is "is the big rock cute?" cause if its not cute then i wouldnt care how much he spent on her, i would also be thinking "why is she wearing such a big ugly rock on her finger?" if it is cute then yeah i would maybe think that he must love her that much!

(i hate huge rocks)
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well my ring is pretty big and it's not fake. I never look at women's rings thinking they're fake. Purses . . . yeah, I'm guilty of that, but not wedding rings.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I wear a simple band and keep the rock home. Showing off material possessions is pointless. I am happy with what I have. Whatever some body else has, so what. And loving some one has nothing to do with the size of a rock a man gives you. Remember a ring does not plug a hole or stop a man from cheating.
    Anonymous

• I just look and hope that it was affordable to them; seriously. I argued with my DH because I didn't want him to spend a ton a money on a ring when we needed a house. So, I might not be the best one to answer this... Big rocks are nice (just ask Beyonce and J. Lo,) but I'm not married to Jay Z or Mark Anthony. Okay-not good examples. I think those dudes had to buy big rocks because they're, um, not so easy on the eyes... LOL!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have a meaningful band. And a three stone anniversary ring that I wear all the time right next to it. It has platinum filigree and is very sparkly and I get a ton of compliments on it- and it is guilt free- no blood diamond here. All lab created, so if I lose it I don't freak out, and I am not feeling bad about it's possible origins... my engagement band is a (large!) uncut polished sapphire, set in sterling medieval style by my grandfather. Once again- lab made. Still beautiful...
    I saw too many 20 yo (mormon) brides (in ID) w/ huge rocks. It always made me sad... the next thing you saw was a baby on her hip... they always seemed to get swallowed up by their hubby's famiily...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't look at the rings and think wow her man went all out. I wonder if the big rock is b/c he needed to make up for something in another department. Like not spending enough time with her. I wouldn't care if my engagement ring was a CZ. I just want to know that he loves me and wants to be with me for the rest of my life.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yah bridge - I think like you .
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009