anyone get a uti early in preg.??

has anyone ever suffered from a uti?

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't but they are more common when pregnant.

Anonymous

• yes I have, doc prescribed Nitrofuron (generic for macrobid)
    Anonymous

• I got an uti that turned into a kidney infection when I was 7 months prego and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. I had no idea I had a uti I had no pain I was just peeing a lot like any normal prego lady till I came down with a really high fever went to the doctor and after taking a urine sample she put me in the hospital right away and I was treated with iv antibiotics for a few days to take care of the kidney infection.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 8:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah I had the same issue as aameliaz only when I was about 2 months prego. I went to urgent care because I kept passing out and had a really high fever. They gave me some meds and kept me for a while and then sent me home and made me schedule an appointment with my doc for a few days later to check how things were going.
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009