std contracted through public toilet?

Okay so today my hubby got a phone call at work from a fellow employee saying that his doctor said he contracted an std through a public restroom. We are freaking out now because the only restroom they publicly use is the work one and hubby uses it too! Hubby doesn't have medical insurance, does plan parenthood offer free or cheap testing? If he has it I have it! UGH! Gross! I don't have any symptoms but I still wanna get checked!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• you can probably go to the health department and get one done. It might cost a little out of pocket but not much.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• you can not get a std from a toliet unless you have a cut on your thine?sp if there is blood on the toliet.... You can get stds from cuts if the other person is bleeding. If you have sex... i don't think your having sex with the toielt... lol

READ up on stds and then go from there.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This sounds like a made up story to reassure yourself that your husband gave you a std from a public toilet. Let me guess that's what he told you. No honey not true, his ass treated and yes you should go get tested.
    Anonymous

• cheated
    Anonymous

• I highly doubt he got and STD from the toilet. Most Stds cannot live away from the body for more than 7 seconds, including AIDs. He either got it from a sexual relationship that he doesnt want to admit. You have more of a chance of catching a diease from a someone else's cell phone than you do a toilet.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• the OPs husband didn't say HE had the STD- his friend did and he's concerned.

I read up- it is VERY VERY RARE to get an STD from a toilet seat. even if this other guy did, I seriously doubt your husband did, too.

get tested though. not sure if anyone does free testing. call planned parenthood.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah, the coworker was giving a line because he probably doesn't want to admit he got an STD from sex so saying it was from the toilet was easier to deal with for him. I think you and hubby have nothing to worry about. I believe planned parenthood offers free testing if you guys want to be sure. Warning... if you guys do test positive you might want to check your own relationship because contracting an STD from a toilet seat is damn near impossible - I am NOT a hoverer so if that were the case I'd have about 20 different STDs by now.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• The question is a bit confusing - at first I thought she was talking about her husand, too - but she says the co-worker of her husband contracted it. But I'm willing to bet HIS wife or girlfriend was standing nearby when he made that call - I have NEVER heard of someone contracting an STD from a toilet. Call your own doctor and ask.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 9:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You might want to dig a little deeper and find out if your husband isn't making this up to cover for himself - I don't know you from squat, but this sounds fishy to me - sounds like his lover called and said she had it and now he's covering in case he has it, or he already knows he has it and has started covering his own tracks. Don't be naive, even nice guys can stray. Don't go all postal on him, but you need to listen to your gut - don't ignore any signs you might have noticed.
    Anonymous

• I know my hubby wouldn't do that he works and comes home there is never a gap for him to do anything like that! Thanks for the concern though and the advice ladies. I did read that it is rare to contract an std from a toilet, but possible.
    Anonymous