Does anyone have any advice for bringing home baby?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips, time savers, &/or tricks for bringing home baby #2 when you have a toddler at home... I've already started freezing some quick meals. I have a feeling it isn't going to be as easy as it was bringing home my 1st child since I'll have 2.

mrsvedaj

Asked by mrsvedaj at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you have a church family or friends who would be willing to organize people to make you meals for a few weeks? I had that and it was soooo helpful!!

Aside from that, just know that you're going to take it easy. The house won't be spotless and meals may be minimal, and THAT'S OK!! Just relax and enjoy your kids.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• have grandma over to pay attention to older child... i will have my second monday ! (planned c section) my son is 3... so i know how you feel. i think i might get my son a baby alive so he can mimic me... also praise the older one for what they can do for themselves and being big, maybe buy them a new movie/ so they can do something by themselves if they wanna get away from the new baby thing...tell visitors to pay attention to the older one as much as they baby if htey can so they dont make them jealous.... i have asked if they bring something for the baby to bring somethign small for my son too.... same reason..... it will be fine! (i hope!)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009