is it weird that i find it hard to be intimate when i am pregnant?

Ever since i found out i was pregnant with my second baby i having been having a hard time being intimate with my guy. It was about six months after i had my daughter that i found out i was pregnant with our little boy. I was just getting my figure back only to lose it again. I was happy about have a little boy but its just hard to go back to back pregnancy. I just feel so unattractive and kinda depressed about what my body is going to look like after this . I have put so much thought into it that i have researched possibly having plastic surgery after this. am i the only one that goes through this??????

lilcajunmama22

Asked by lilcajunmama22 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im the same way girly! my hubby pushes it on me all day everyday. it drives me crazy! its like... can i have some R E S P E C T here!?
    valerielehne

Answer by valerielehne at 8:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No. I found it harder as I was getting bigger. My boobs were huge...not sexy huge, just huge. And my tummy got in the way. I felt like a whale. I thought I was squishing my boyfriend. And I was on top all the time & I would make the bed move. It was so awful & embarrassing.

I was insecure about my stretchmarks & bigger thighs, but he says he doesn't care...and he likes my thighs a bit bigger. He says that I actually have shape now. But I still want to change for my myself. I've only had 1 child & I have pretty much lost all my preggo weight. I just want to be more lean so I won't feel like a biggums.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Not at all. I was fine with the first child. No stretch marks, went back to pre pregnancy weight like instantly. Plus my ta-tas were pretty impressive. I didnt want to have intercourse with my S.O like at all. The thought made me nauseas. With this pregnancy, I havent had sex since September, I have no interest in it what so ever. I've also been very paranoid about whether I will get stretch marks (7 months and still none) if I'm still going to be attractive and if I am going to be able to be intimate with my S.O and not feel all used up due to the 2nd baby. I'm also looking into surgery.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ladies....seriously? Surgery? If you care about your body that much, why are you having children? I don't mean to sound harsh, but really...aren't your kids worth some stretch marks?

To the OP: Our first two children are 14 months apart and we absolutely LOVE it. They are best friends and almost like twins. Hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I dont have stretch marks. My chest is small from breastfeeding. and they are only gonna get smaller after I breastfeed this second one. Surgery would make me feel better about myself, plus make it easier to fit into shirts/bras properly. People cant help how they feel or think. It might all just be due to hormones. Nothing is wrong with wanting surgery. People who are overweight get surgery to reduce the weight. When in fact, they were the ones to consume the food and live unhealthy to get how they are, knowing the possible consequences.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know how you feel, since becoming pregnant ive felt huge, even though I haven't gained a whole bunch of weight... I just feel really insecure... sex is the LAST thing on my mind... I'm looking into getting my boobs done after i'm done breastfeeding just cuz I heard they just get really saggy and deflated afterwards :(
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009