How much does your 2 year old eat in a day???

just trying to get a summary of how much is typical. Please try and give portion sizes. Thanks

On a typical day my son will eat the following...

breakfast- 1/2 cup cheerios OR 1 large egg with cheese OR 1 waffle and 4 z of milk

AM snack- 4 oz of juice (1/2 water 1/2 juice)

Lunch- 5 bites of deli meat (ham or trukey), slice of cheese and maybe 1/4 cup of fruit. 4oz of milk

PM snack- goldfish (10? not many) or 2 crackers and water

Dinner- 2 tbsp of veggies, 1/4 c of fruit and either 1/4 c of pasta OR 4-5 bites some type of meat. 6-8 oz of milk

dec06mom

Asked by dec06mom at 9:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Depends on the day...My 2 year old can put away some food and one of his bad habits right now is wanting candy all the time!! I've got to break him of it...But sometimes in the morning he will have 2 bowl of cheerio's w/ milk ( a small bowl say a little more than a cup), bananas, cheeto's, and a few pieces of candy BEFORE LUNCH! I know what your thinking but he only weighs around 36 lbs...and is tall for his age.For lunch he will normally have a half of a sandwhich and some chips and juice and whatever else he wants...As long as he eats good and not alot of candy in my opinion he can eat all day if that's what he wants 2 do. I think a kid with an appetite is good as long as they don't weigh 200 lbs at 2.
    Logansm0mmy

Answer by Logansm0mmy at 9:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Oh my goodness! I wish my son ate that much! He eats only the marshmellows out of the cereal a cup of choc. milk. For lunch he will eat a slice of cheese and maybe some cut up ham. For dinner it is usually a cheesebuger or some rice, He doesn't care to eat a whole lot, any suggestions would be great!
    Tracy
    ilovexzavier

Answer by ilovexzavier at 9:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My dd eats all day long!!! it is crazy how much she eats and the crazy thing is her doctor still tells me she is tooo skinny for her age!!! I wish I could eat as much as she does and not gain weight!!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 22 months... She drinks about 20-24 oz of whole milk a day, the rest water to drink.
    Her typical meals are:
    breakfast -- cereal or omelette or waffle plus some apple sauce or fruit
    lunch -- veggie burger or some protein (chicken nuggets, fish sticks, turkey hotdog, etc), veggies and fruit, sometimes mac n' cheese (one single portion of Aunt Annie's)
    dinner -- whatever we're eating (pasta, meat and rice, veggies, maybe some fruit, too).

She'd snack all day if we let her -- she only has healthier snacks (dried fruit, pretzels, fruit, baked crackers) but the more she has, the less she'll eat at mealtime.

She may not be typical... food is like an activity for her. She loves to sit up at the table and eat, whether it's a snack or meal...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009