Question for moms that had an epidural

Could you still walk and/or feel your legs feet after having it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when you have the epidural no you can not walk or feel your legs. It took me roughly 45 minutes to be able to walk once they removed the epidural
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• not at all. Once you get in your stuck in bed until it's all over.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was numb from the waist down for almost 2 hours afterwards. I could not feel anything. I didnt even feel the pressure from pushing. I just pushed when they told me too and how they told me too.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• After you have an epidural they don't recommend you walking. Infact you can't. After you have the baby they do make you walk to the bathroom once it starts to wear off. Your legs feel like led. It is really weird.
    Mythreesons1077

Answer by Mythreesons1077 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No you cant walk cause your numb but I think they give you up to 2 hrs for the feeling to start coming back once its out. Mine came back around and hr and a half I think but I was once I got up my legs felt really week.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It was quite some time before I could feel my legs/feet. I was able to sit up a few hrs later and was walking that night....
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 9:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• NOPE JUST LAY THERE AND TRY AND SLEEP, I HAD AN EPI FOR MY 2ND BABY & NOT WITH MY 1ST AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT. AND I NORMALLY DONT CONDON DRUGS AND HAVE A HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• w my first i could feel pressure when pushing, and it only took about 10 mins for it to wear off after they took it out...i didnt feel a thing besides that..w my 2nd i was so numb i had to be told her head was out and it took almost 4 hours for the epi to wear off.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009