C-section to Natural Birth

Ok so I had placenta previa with my son and had no choice but to have a c-section and I was really upset about it. He's almost 2 now and we're planning on trying to get pregnant again next year (i know its a ways away but I'm thinking of this now) I don't want to have a c-section though with the next baby because the recovry was too long and I wass so medicated I didnt even know what was going on when they showed me my son. And I don't like the idea of someone telling me how many children I'm limited to having (3 max w c-sec) I don't plan on more then 3 but who knows what the future holds things might change. So I've heard their are doctors who will still allow you to try to give birth vaginally after having a c-sec (bikini cut) but wanted to hear from other moms who have done this. Were you able to give birth naturally? Are your medical risks higher if you do it this way? You know the basic 411 :) Thanks!!

theheartbaby

Asked by theheartbaby at 9:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a VBAC(vaginal birth after c section). My dr and I had planned it from the beginning because he knew i wanted a vbac badly. My daughter came 6 weeks early and I had a vbac with her. my dr said that if she was full term I prolly wouldnt be able to do vbac bc she was a big baby for a preemie. ( I would do vaginal over csection anyday though). talk to your dr. about it. with my dd being 6 weeks early she was in the nicu for 11 days and even though they were the longest 11 days of my life it would have been soooo much worse if I had to recover from a csection at the same time. Anything is possible.
    MamasGirls4ever

Answer by MamasGirls4ever at 9:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a c-section and was very upset about it. I want to try to have a baby naturally.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Thank you Mamasgirl.. I mentioned it to my new gyno and he replied "we will cross that bridge later" All I said to him was I wanted to know if he would allow me to try and his response irritated me (of course everything about this man irritates me and I can't see myself going to him ever again unless I have no other choice) but I'm glad to hear that you were able to. My son was born 4 weeks early (I was in full blown labor and didnt even make it to my scheduled c-sec date) but that gives me hope to know I can try. Thanks again
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009