Fans of the show HOUSE.....

Tell me that Kutler didnt die in real life! My husband and I just finished watching the show and they said he died in 2009 and had his birth date on there as well. Then we go to this web site and theres this long thing about where he was born and so on. Is this for real or are they just making this looking like he really did for the show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Entertainment

• i have no idea ... i keep missing this season and only catch reruns on USA
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I JUST posted a question about tonight's ep! And I've been wondering the same thing, and was searching for any news of what had happened - since at the end of the show they posted the "memorial" thing that got me thinking he had passed in real life!

There was some speculation before that a suicide was coming, just no one knew who - most assumed Taub ... so I'm thinking he's not really gone. Surely there would be some news somewhere?

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Are you speaking about Kal Penn the East Indian actor who plays Kutner?

There has been no news stating he has passed on in real life and I have not seen the episode you are speaking about however I looked at all the sites related to him and there is not evidence that he has passed away.

http://www.kalpenn.org/news.php

Have fun with this one!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 9:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm almost positive that it's just the character that died. Not the real life person.
    twinmom5253

Answer by twinmom5253 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Reading the forums at Television Without Pity (because I was worried about the same thing)--Kal Penn did not die. He was offered a job in the Obama administration and took it. So he went on to bigger things and the decision to leave was his.

But I am still so pissed that they killed off his character!
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 6:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• All I can say is, the producers and actors did an excellent job of keeping this twist under wraps. I had not read anything about it anywhere,and was totally shocked by it last night. I'm saddened too. He did a good job on that show,and was one of my favorites.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I couldnt believe they killed him off, I was shocked!

Glad he's not really dead though. GL to him in his new adventure.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2009