Tomorrow im getting induced, and i just wondered if it hurts when they break your water??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• breaking the water doesn't hurt, the strong contractions that breaking the water causes does. I wasn't induced but they broke my water with both my girls and the 2nd one he broke my water and went home thinking it would be a while and the anostesiologist (CS) went to lunch and about 10 min or so after breaking my water i was in so much pain, my labor went really fast and beroe the doc could get up stairs from his lunch i was already delivering. So if you plan on getting pain meds i would advise getting them before they break your water. Good luck and best wishes
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I will never have my water broken again...I will never be unnecessarily induced again. It does not hurt WHEN they break your water, but things (for me) got super intense upon the rupture of the membranes....what was a very peaceful labor process became painful and more intense that I believe it is designed to be. A baby's skull pressing against bone is much different than a water bag doing the *work* - not worth it to take nature and play God....best to let our bodies do what they were designed to do. There are VERY FEW medically necessary reasons for induction.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 9:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• no it didn't hurt me at all. I didn't even know he did it until my grandma told me. I just thought he was seeing if I was dialating anymore. It takes like 2 seconds cuz they go up there with a hook, but you dont feel it. I wouldn't be worrying about that, its the contractions that are the bitch!
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Don't let people scare you- everyone's experience is different. I enjoyed my induction. And it doesn't hurt when they break your water but it feels like you sat on a water balloon- just a sudden gush of fluid
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Wow, how exciting! Tomorrow is going to be one of the most amazing days of your life. When my water broke it didn't hurt at all. Congratulations!!

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 9:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OMIGOSH I Can just imagine how you feel right now. CONGRATS!! Breaking the water doesn't hurt at all. Just a step closer to bringing your little angel in the world. Goodness I'm so jealous.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i was induced ( son didnt want out ) and i went home and being induced didnt hurt, about 3 am woke up to the feeling of needing to go to the bathroom #2 with in mins i was contraction that hurt, got to hospital and they broke my water didnt even feel it also with my dd they broke my water never felt it. but i agree ask for pain stuff before they brake if u can only cause contractions are painful. good luck...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• it did hurt when they broke my water. But I will NEVER be induced again.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009