Can someone explain to me how they determine custody, into a percentage?

For instance if you have 50/50 how do they work that out? What about every weekend what would that be considered

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can have joint custody but not split the kid's life in two like that. The child needs stability. My parents had me with mom during school weeks and with dad on weekends and in summer so it wouldn't disrupt my life much.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• in my experience 50/50 is usually one week at each parents house or 3 days one week 4 days the next
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My friend and her ex have a unique agreement. She has her son every other weekend, and on the weekends she doesnt have him, that monday, and every wednesday and thursday. So she is never without him for more than 3-4 days at a time. They have joint custody.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have Sole custody and have since child support papers were filed, I refused to sign without having Sole custody. For the last 12 1/2 yrs my sons father had nothing to do with him, now he has decided he wants to be a father....I have allowed a few hours at a time and that is all he will get until he proves to me that he will be a real man and be there and not walk away again because I won't lower child support (he pays $50/wk) or let him claim my son on his taxes because he wants the extra money. Most people I know, have joint custody with one parent having primary placement and the other having everyother weekend visits.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009