• In the Spotlight:

Question About Implantation Bleeding....

What does it look like and how long approximately after sex would it show up? I just had my son a little over a month ago, I had what I at least thought was my first period (it ran a course just like it) that ended the day before my 6 week appointment. My husband and I had sex that night, not taking any precautions since I thought I was safe just coming off my period (yes, stupid, don't need to be told that). Within maybe 5 days I started having some spotting, thought maybe I was starting another period, being all wacked out still after my pregnancy, but no period, just a couple days of spotting, and only when I wiped after using the restroom. Could this have been implantation bleeding??? Have you had implantation bleeding before, is that what it's like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same kind of bleeding when my son was born. The heavy bleeding for two weeks, then almost nothing. Then like a period. then it stopped then really light only when I wiped blood. It was just my body straightening out tho. You should probably check with your doctor to be sure, your most fertile times are with in three months of giving birth.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yeah i bled for like 4 weeks after having my daughter. and after about 2 weeks with nothing,i ahd spotting.then nothing again for 6 weeks.then my periods started.its your body straightning out. as lucasmomm08 said.& i def agree with her, if you are concernd i would def talk to your doc about it because you are the most fertile within the first 3 months after having a baby.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 10:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009