Can someone give me their opinion?

My name is Monica , i was reading a post someone quoted you on and it grabbed my attention. I am currently 3 weeks pregnant with my second child. On Thursday i was spotting but only when i wipe myself, i wanted to make sure all was well but my doctor wasnt available so i had to go the the ER. They confirmed pregnancy and ordered a blood test. The results came back at an HCG of 30 which was on Friday. Today i went back for another blood test and the HCG was 20. The doctor isnt giving my baby any hope but i have no symptoms of a miscarriage and yet thats all they want to hint at. As far as the spotting goes everytime i drink water the spotting disappears. I dont know what the connection is and it is wierd. I have tested it twice and it does work .The nurse who gave me ther esult of the HCG did mention the possibilty of a lab error so i dont know if that is possible, and she also said that she wasnt convinced with the results.

MissRetro

Asked by MissRetro at 9:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your HCG should raise each day, double each 48-72 hours. Let's hope the lab was wrong.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well hopefully when you tested your urine wasn't diluted from your water. I can say that you don't have to have symptoms to have a miscarriage. I just miscarried last week at 6 weeks and my only symptom was light bleeding. No cramps. I wish you the best of luck..
    Anonymous

• My younger sister miscarried, but she still had HCG levels that were almost normal.
    Anonymous

• i miscarried with my first at 9 weeks. (i found out at 7 weeks). my hcg levels was kinda high when they first found out i was pregnant.i had spotting too only when i wiped. thats what made me go to the er. when they checked my blood,my hcg levels had went down only a lil bit.but they waited an hour and checked it again. it was still dropping.miscarrying is rough on anyone..and any time in pregnancy.hope that isnt the case with you and they got your labs wrong or something.
    Anonymous

• i miscarried my second pregnancy, did not find out until about 8 weeks when i had an ultrasound with no heartbeat. with my first i miscarried as well had to do the HCG test every other day for a week and the levels kept dropping. I would see if its possible to do another one and see if they have dropped more
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a similar question not too long ago about hCG levels and progesterone. I had a miscarriage four months ago so now that I'm pregnant again, my doctor has been monitoring my hormone levels to make sure they are increasing. So far they have. For some women they may remain low, but still low enough to support the baby. A friend here gave me this to go by as well. I hope all is well and try to relax. ((((HUGS)))))
    * 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    * 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    * 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    * 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    * 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    * 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    * 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    * 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    * 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
    * Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
    * Postmenopausal females: <9.5
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009