IS IT MYTH?

I WANT TO DYE MY HAIR AND PEOPLE IS TELLING ME THAT I SHOULDNT,THAT ITS BAD FOR THE BABY. IS IT TRUE?

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i hope not because i just dyed mines...i hope not...
    Anonymous

• You should be fine.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• There are no PROVEN facts that dying your hair while pregnant causes any birth defects or problems...however most people go by the rule that it is probably okay AFTER the 1st trimester which is when most birth defects occur. I dyed my hair a few weeks ago and I am 22 weeks pregnant...and I know many people who have and have perfectly healthy babies. I personally think it is okay...just make sure you are in a well-ventilated room.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When I was pregnant they said not to bleach. Dying is fine. But bleach is a no. You cold always call your doctors office and ask anurse to be safe.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i don't know i have heard the same thing but i think with the dyes now days that not much will get into your system to do any harm. i dyed mine when i was prego and nothing happened, not to say that it is totally safe. i don't think they really have enough studdies or evadence to say it is harmfull or it isn't, so they just say that it is.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yeah no bleach but dyeing is fine-
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• That is very false. Think about this, if you were a hair stylist , how would continue to make a living?
    Anonymous

• There a certian kinds of dyes that are safe but I'm not sure which ones. However your hormones may cause the color to come out different than you expect (so i've read).
    Go to: http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-color-my-hair-during-pregnancy_3273.bc
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 9:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• bleach is fine too, usually for highlights the are wrapped in foil anyway and most bleach's now adays are very low odor
    Anonymous

• i have asked this before on here...and also asked my doc. dying your hair is perfectly safe.just they recommendnot to do it in your first trimester. do it in a well ventilated area.. i was told not to bleach,but have also heard of people doing it anyways and nothing bad happend or anything. someone also answerd to my ? like this to be careful as to which color you choose cause your added hormones can affect the color.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009