Has anyone ever had a false pregnancy test?? Are they even possible?

I took a test from family dollar on thursday because I have been dizzy, feeling sick, moody, tired and so on and within 5 seconds there was a very dark plus sign, so I have made my appt. and told everyone and the whole nine. But now my husband has me thinking that I should have not told anyone until I go to the doctors incase "it's not right", even though Im sure it is (i feel it..lol), it has been bugging the crap out of me and making me question if im even pregnant.

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If the test was positive you are pregnant. Take another if you like.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think they can be wrong, but in th the opposite way. I had four negative, then one positive. And when I went to the doctor I was two months pregnant. lol, I dont think it would (or can) say pregnant but your not, because theres different things in your body that have to be there in order to get it to say positive. So congrats honey, I think your expecting!
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No such thing as a false positive. Even with the dollar store test.Congratulations.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 10:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I've never heard of a false positive! so CONGRATS
    I took one test, it came out negative, I felt that it was wrong, so an hour or so later I tested again and it immediately showed a + sign, I guess most times the gut instinct is right.
    KristaAnne

Answer by KristaAnne at 10:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• false positives ARE possible, but you're probably pregnant. go buy a different brand to make him feel better or go take another one of the same brand..YOU'RE PREGNANT!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes false positives are def possible. but with the line showing up dark, i would say you are def pregnant cause with most false positives i have heard of people having the line was faint. try diff brand test if you wanna really know before you go. like the 5 day sooner tests. & if it says positive this time then i would say you are def pregnant!
    Anonymous