• In the Spotlight:

If you havent smoked weed yourself over a long period of time, how do you know how it will effect someones state of mind?

I mean really, if you havent done it , how do you know? Its one of those, I have to see it to believe it, you cant believe everything you hear or read. How often to you ear of someone doing something wrong when they were under the influence of pot? How often do you hear of someone crashing a car because they were under the influence of pot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've always said they should legalize marijuana and outlaw alcohol. The violence, accidents, deaths, etc are so high in alcohol related incidents. Smoking pot makes you calm, mellow, far from angry, and I've NEVER heard of "o they were in a wreck bc they were high" And to the people who will say "but it makes you an unfit parent to smoke pot" or that its bad for your kids to see, be around etc. SO IS DRINKING!!! And drinking puts them in more danger then smoking. IMO
    Anonymous

• You don't, but I did smoke a ton for my sons first year of life, and it is sad how much of it I dont remember because I was to stoned to pay attention. I am not against legalization, but I do think if you have kids then it is to be done in moderation, like alcahol, not stay stoned all day.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I do agree with that, but I dont think someone should be categorized as a bad parent for smokin once or twice a day
    Anonymous

• If it didn't effect ppl's state of mind then what's the point of smoking it? If it doesn't do anything to how you think/feel then no one would smoke pot.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ash- But alcohol messes you up to the point you loose control and don't remember things you do if you abuse it and even if you just get 'tipsy' your putting your child at risk for accidents to happen. With pot you smoke a little and feel mellow and laid back. You smoke a lot and just get lazy. Not aggressive or unable to function (if you smoke a lot in one sitting you dont want to move but can if you need to) I still say pot is far better then alcohol hands down. I think people have a problem with it because its 'illegal' if it wasnt I truly believe more people would do it.

OP- I'm the 2nd anon poster and I wasnt saying it makes you a bad mom (or id be calling myself a bad mom) I was stating thats what other people say that I dont agree with.
    Anonymous

• What are the long term affects of smoking pot? Has anyone ever figured out if there are anu?? Just curious?????
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OP here, I didnt say that it doesnt effect your state of mind, I said how do you know how it WILL effect your state of mind. Meaning how do you know the extent of it? It is far better for you then alcohol. Alcohol can make a person messy and literally ruin a persons life. Weed is very hard to get additcted to, and if you do, its usually just a mental thing. I smoked weed for 4 years everyday 4-5 "Blunts" a day if not more. The day I found out I was pregnant that was it, I was done. You can tell me an ADDICT could quick cold turkey like that?
    Anonymous

• Black lungs I guess, over a dead non functioning liver
    Anonymous

• anon 10:16 depending on how you smoke the weed it will not make your lungs black. It's not the smoke that does it its the tar in things like cig and cigar wrappers.
    Anonymous

• Oh my goodness, I know you aren't putting yourself out there defending all the pot smokers!? One doesn't need to smoke it to see what it does to people. It SLOWS your reaction time....don't tell me you can drive a car just fine after getting high...and I certainly hope you wouldn't since you have kids.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009