Does anyone else think that vegetarians are fighting a lost cause?

The ones who choose not to eat meat b/c of the suffering of animals that is. I think their fight is useless, yeah its sad that they die but hey, ya might as well eat them or else they'll just have died for no reason. Its not like their going to ban meat just b/c people don't like animals dying so to me the fight is useless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am a vegetarian because I believe it is healthier not because of an animal suffering but I tend to agree with you.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No. Just because someone doesn't agree with something that's mainstream shouldn't mean their point of view is worthless. They're doing something that's important to them and that makes them happy.

It's the PETA extremists I think are batty.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know several vegetarians who don't eat meat because they want to live a healthy lifestyle, not because of "animal cruelty". Also, have you ever heard of the story of the little boy who was throwing star fish back into the ocean? A man came up to him and told the boy that there are thousands of starfish and he would never be able to save them all. The boy responded by throwing a starfish back into the ocean and saying "No, but I just made a difference for that starfish". It's kind of the same concept.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I understand what you are saying. I was a vegan for two years and a vegetarian for six. I just knew that I didnt want to contribute to what I felt was reckless consumption. I never thought that me not eating meat was going to stop the slaughter of animals, I just didnt want to contribute to it. It was more of a personal choice, I didnt care that other people where eating animals, I just knew I didnt want to be the one doing it. To me it wasnt useless because I was not a factor in the slaughtering of animals, and even though I knew it wasnt going to stop, I was not responsible for it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm not directing the question at those who do it to eat healthy, its the really extreme who refuse to eat dairy or meat b/c of the slaughter of animals.
    Anonymous

• It's their choice and unless they are blockading the butcher block, they're not fighting anything. They are just choosing to behave differently.

I choose not to support the Boy Scouts because of their stance on homosexuality. Doesn't mean I'm fighting them. Just means I don't agree with them.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• God created the cow, pig, chicken... etc. to provide food... SO I will enjoy a nice tasty burger tonight without ANY guilt at all. After all, this is how it was supposed to go.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't think vegetarians would have survived long without all the vitamin pills you can pop nowadays! I would be constantly starving....your body needs protein, and before supermarkets and all that, you had to have livestock of some kind just to survive the winter. It's doable now...but I definitely wouldn't want to live that way!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009