39 weeks and i am ready for him to come..

How could i get my baby to finally come? I am more than ready for him. I havent felt any thing no contractions and nothing well what could i do to speed things up or shall i just wait it out and let nature take its course? and wait to baby comes, but what r some things that i could do just in case? i heard walking and moving funiture around. and i even heard eating lots of bologna (if thats how its spelled)..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have sex. that works for alot of people. or nipple stimulation.
    Anonymous

• "What to Expect When You're Expecting" suggests the following:

Walking. Puts pressure on the cervix and helps it to soften and stretch.

Sex. Semen contains prostaglandins which research shows helps to stimulate contractions.

These other suggested methods are noted to have some drawbacks, but include:

Nipple stimulation. Suggests a few hours a day, (yes, book says a few hours a day...) release natural oxytocin and bring on contractions. Downside, the contractions can be painfully long and strong.

Castor Oil. Powerful laxative, stimulates your bowels, which in turn could stimulate your uterus to contract. Downside, yucky taste, can cause diarrhea, severe cramping, and vomiting.

Herbal teas and remedies. Raspberry leaf tea, black cohosh, etc... but no studies have been done on herbal remedies' safety as an inducer, so ask your OB first.

Hope this helps! GL!

matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ask to be induced.
    Anonymous

• I'm in the same spot you are! I'm due on the 14th and I haven't contracted once. My Braxton Hicks picked up for two weeks straight but died back down. Doc says my cervix is still closed and high up. I want him out! But this is my first so I have a feeling I'll be late anyway... I've tried fresh pineapple, sex, and walking. I think no matter what you do, the baby won't come out until it wants to. That's why I stopped trying. Good luck!!
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009