How long is your 7 month old awake between naps?

We always used to put her down within 2 hours after waking up in the morning, and then again 2 hours after waking from that nap, and possibly for a 3rd cat nap if those aren't enough to make it to a bedtime (which is between 7 and 8). But lately I thought we were fine stretching it just a little longer... like 2 1/2 or 3 hours... it works better with meal/feeding schedule, it assures that she only needs 2 naps (she's been refusing the 3rd more and more), it works better with our toddler's schedule... plus it just seemed like she was ready. But today and yesterday she's falling asleep nursing and refusing to be transferred to her crib! She never does that. I'm wondering if she's not wanting to sleep because she's overtired? I'd love to hear your schedules.

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my DD is 7 months old now...and she pretty much goes down for her first nap about an hour and a half after she wakes up....then she has breakfast and nurses or has a bottle. We go out to do whatever, shopping, things like that. She's ready for second nap around 1:30 if we're home. then she'll eat, play, go to the park, her third nap which is usually shorter is around 5:30. then I give her a bath at 7:30 and sometimes she takes a little catnap if daddy is holding her. But not for too long b/c then she won't go to bed til late...her bedtime is around 9:30. Its' when I go to bed b/c we co-sleep, so I don't put her down too early and she sleeps til 8:30 waking up a couple times to nurse....I do notice that if she is overtired it will be harder to get her to nap and get her to go to sleep at bedtime. Hope this helped. Good luck. btw, Im not too obsessed over a schedule, when she's tired, hungry, whatever, we do it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My DD is 8 months today and she wakes up at 7:30-8:00 am and is up and playing until naptime which is normally around 1 or 2. She sleeps for about 1 1/2 hours. She is awake from then until 8:30-9:00 pm. Once we put her down she is out for the night.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 12:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009