• In the Spotlight:

for c-sec moms

why did you have to have a c-sec?
I had to have one because every time I had a contraction my sons heart would drop then finally it dropped and wouldnt come back up. His cord was wrapped around his shoulders and neck. It was a crash c-sec. So why did you have one and was it planned or crash??

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had an emerg c-sect at 24 weeks because I had developed H.E.L.L.P. Syndrome and was in critical condition. Drs had to take the baby to save my life. (she weighed 1pound 7 oz  & was 13in)

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had been induced and in labor for 43 hours. I wasn't progressing, and even though I begged them to let me go longer, they said they had to do the c section. I figured I was going to have to have one anyway, both mom and MIL had to have c sections with all of our gianormous babies, lol.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i was induced because of my blood pressure, was having major contractions for 3 days with no progress so the doc said i could try to wait and see (but i would have to stay in bed at the hospital with the contractions) or have a c-sec, i was like get her out now!!! so it was really neither plan or crash. with this one i'm having a planned c-sec because i found out my cervix has alot of scar tissue (last dr didnt say that of course) and that will make it harder to deliver vaginally if not impossible depending on my cervix this time around. i am not going to labor forever just to have another c-sec i just can't bring myself to do it. feels like a waste, can't get outta bed, can't eat any real food and have to be in extreme pain for no reason.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My second son was a c-sect. 8 years ago. They thought he'd be too big and have should displasure.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• He was breech from about 4 months gestation. Stuck butt first like a cork in bottle. The first thing my DH and the medical staff saw was him mooning the world. My DH said he was in there so tight that he could have sworn that the doctor was going to have to put his foot on the table for leverage. There was NO way he was coming out the birth canal...and one of us living to tell about it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had an emergency c-section. I went into labor normally and went to the hospital. I was progressing alright and then about 14 hours into labor, BAM I stopped dialating. They waited 7 hours to see if I would progress more, but I was stuck at 9.5cm. They said there was a lip there, but I could try to push through it. I pushed for over 2 hours and then FINALLY, they decided on a c-section. I thought I was going to die. I had a fever and I was throwing up constantly. Believe me, I went in there wanting a regular vaginal birth (like my sister and all my friends) . . BUT NOOOOOOOOO . . . of course I end up with the horror story. By the end, I was ready for a c-section. I knew he wasn't coming out. During the surgery, they told me that I have a prominent sacrum and there was no way my 6lb 9oz baby was fitting through there. At birth, she was 20in, but at her one month appt, she was only 18in. Her head was so wedged in!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a horrible labor like the last girl. 22 hour labour, dropping heartbeat, ememergney c-section.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I never had one, but my daughter did.
    She had a pelvic fracture less than a year before and was prone to seizures so the docs didn't want to take a chance of her seizing during labor and refracturing the pelvis.
    She had placenta previa most of her pregnancy, but it moved up the side some before the baby was full term, but there was a slight edge still over the cervix, but they weren't too concerned about that.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009