What all should I take?

I'm heading into the hospital for an induction (first baby!) on Thursday, and was wondering what I should take for myself, DH, and the baby to come home with? Any suggestions? Was there a certain thing you didn't pack that you wish you had? Or one thing you wished was available to you?

Thanks in advance!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The hospital will send home pads and diapers and stuff for the baby and you. Bring a few outfits for the baby, something to come home and take a picture in. Clothes for you, shampoo and toothbrush type things. Clothes for your husband, if you are nursing bring your nursing pillow if you have one, and nail clippers, if you dont plan on biting them. Those little hand sock things if you dont bring clippers. Camera, extra batteries for it, cell phone charger and cell phone, money for your husband. And thats all I can think of right now, be back if I remember more later.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Most things are provided by the hospital but you will need toiletries, clothes for you and baby(if you want to dress him/her in his/her own clothes) pads and maybe some diapers for the baby. And also the car seat. Lol. You won't be going anywhere without that!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• onsies,sleepers,the lil night gown thingys.mitts for their hand cause they do scratch at their face alot.booties.bibs,burp cloths,an outfit to have his/or her pic made it if you are having thee hospital pic done.and a coming home outfit. they keep you up with the diapers and formula at the hospital. take clothes for you to wear home.while your there you wont want to wear antyhing but the gown( its most comfortable).and change of clothes for the hubby. i took more than i needed with my first..butthis go around i know what all is nessesary. (but keep in mind,in between the spit up,and the pee or poop coming out of the diaper, or getting on the clothes while youre changing them,it is better to have lots of backup clothes.)crgrats & good luck!
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know this is a no-brainer --- but in all the chaos I've actually forgotten my baby book before

Talk about a *duh* moment!

So yeah... make sure you pack that... or you'll end up doing like I did ---- stopping on the way home to buy an ink kit to do the footprints yourself! lol Which, believe me, REALLY needs a professional's touch to get them right!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• well since im on #3, i prefer to have my own things than what the hospital provides...i packed my bag a couple of weeks ago..here's what i packed: breast pads, diapers, wipes, my own pads, underwear, a nursing gown i got from motherhood, nursing bra, going home clothes for baby, a gown for her in the hospital(if they let me use it..some hospitals prefer you keep baby in Their clothes) hand mits for baby, baby brush, baby pacifier,deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush, hair brush..cant think of too much more..i never bring a book w me personally becuase i dont think ill have time for it...oh and if you're gonna breast feed, Definately bring a boppy.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009