Is Masturbation a Sin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If it is I'm going straight to H*** ....
    Anonymous

• I believe that if masturbation were a sin, God would've made us with shorter arms :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i'm going to H*** with anon if it is....(DH is navy i'd go nuts otherwise!!!)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• rolling on floorROFL ROFL ROFL               Laura                   ROFL                   HAHAHAHAHAH

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes and you are going striaght to hell
    Anonymous

• I think masturbation is what keeps many from committing adultery, which we do know IS a sin
    Anonymous

• I'm just thinking of those posters that say "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten" with a cat being chased down by those potato-looking things
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i dont believe so and if it is im sure me and dh are goin to hell because hes n the mil and we deal with deployments
    kmsmommy430

Answer by kmsmommy430 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• The Bible does not give specifics on marital sex. Essentially it says that sex should be between two married individuals (Hebrews 13:4) who are a man and a woman (Romans 1:26-28). What a married man and wife do in the privacy of their homes appears to be their own business. The Bible is not intended as a sex manual, and doesn't get into such specifics, as much as some churches would like to think otherwise.
    Likewise it says nothing about masturbation, itself. As my previous answer indicated, if it causes either partner to deny the marital rights of the other, then it is wrong. Otherwise, the Bible is silent.
    Many churches and preachers have said masturbation was wrong based on Genesis 38:8-10
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009