Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do?

Ok so I got a call almost 2 hours ago from my sil asking me to come down that she needed to talk and she was crying so i got dd ready and went to her house where she tells me she cheated on my brother. She called him at work and had him come home early and I took her dd and got the heck out of there with her and said that when things get figured out to call. Well thats been 2 hours or more and I still haven't heard from her or my brother I dont know what to do, do I call or just wait it out? sorry if words are misspelled I'm really worried/stressed

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • I would wait personally.

    Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • i'd wait it out, they may be talking it over. give it another hour or so then give the house a call and just say hey i needed to borrow....whatever...if your brother answers, and if you sil answers ask her if everything is ok.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 10:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Call just to make sure they are both ok.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Just wait. I'm sure they're talking it out. Give them time.

    Answer by sarapurser at 10:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • give them just a few more hours. this may inconvenience you, but this is a serious thing that takes time to resolve or at least talk about. sorry you guys are going through this...

    Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • can u peek in a window? i would just want everyone to be ok what if somethig happend,, i would try to peek..

    Answer by tabbys4 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Stay out of it!!!! Don't call!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • I would wait. This could take hours and hours. Let her or your brother call you. Or if you do call, just ask if her dd can spend the night?

    Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • I would wait for them to call. They need time and although its tough having another child there for now it would be tougher if they didnt get the time they needed and ended up seperating (for the child) give them time and just allow them to talk. When DH and I have 'serious talks" (and nothing even close to this) it can last a few hours straightening it all out. Good luck I hope everything works out ok

    Answer by theheartbaby at 10:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Two hours is still too early to call. I'm sure it will be awhile so just be patient & wait for one of them to call. I'm sure she has a lot of explaining to do & its definitely a lot for your brother to take in all at once. That was nice of you to take your niece out of the situation...Hopefully it will all work out.


    Answer by onespecialmom at 10:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.