It's amazing we're still alive

I read the posts here and can't help but think that it's amazing we are still alive.

When I was born most cars didn't have seatbelts.

We drank water from the tap and sometimes the garden hose.

We didn't wear helmets to ride our bicycles.

No one ever heard of ADD or hyper activity disorders. No one ever heard of autism.

I had never heard of McDonalds or any other fast food restaurant until I was a teenager.

I was in my 20's when microwave ovens came out.

I was in my 20's when VCR's came out and they sold for around $700.

I was in my 30's when the internet went public.

I was in my 30's when cell phones became common place.

What's most amazing is that I am only 48 years old.

PrttyMstng

Asked by PrttyMstng at 10:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This post is sooooooo over done.
    Anonymous

• I know!!!!! We barely made it,huh? LOL...
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• MMMMMMMMMM

:)
    Anonymous

• Its not overdone! I know what she is talking about! I guess you have to be older to get it.....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• That was really cool to read your post. Made me think back and i am only 36. My mom used to say "just be home by dark kids" - wow so diff now.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I am plenty old, I have seen this thing posted 8 million times.
    Anonymous

• HAHA!! Thats funny, my DH and I were just telling my 5 year old son 'i remember when....' kind of things.....( no bottled water, no cd's etc) And we are only 29. Its fun to look back and remeber what all has changed in such a short time. :)
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm 42 and remember the day my dad brought home our first microwave. I guess I was around 13 or so. (My dad was an electronics engineer, and had to have stuff like that!)

I roller skated without a helmet, sat in the car waiting with my four year old brother for our mom to get back from the store, walked to school and walked home for lunch...alone! (in elementary~) I went outside to play after school and didn't see my parents for hours at a time...just playing with the neighborhood kids at their houses.

I never was afriad as a child. How sad kids today need to be so "sophisticated"....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I remember waiting all day to record a song off the radio onto cassette. now you can download it online! can you even buy a cassette player anymore?
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• And riding on the back of trucks or the back window of the car or the "way back" of station wagons! Reading the beginning I thought you must be about 10 years older than me and at the end I was right, I'm 35.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009