When he keeps contacting you after a break-up, how do you stay strong and not take him back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't take his calls or answer his emails. Ignore him. He's out of your life for a reason.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Change your phone number, get a restraining order, block his number, ignore his calls, delete his messages before listening. Tell him you have an STD, tell all his friends he has a tiny penis. The last two are jokes, but they would definitely get him to stop calling...
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• arrange for him to walk in on you having sex with someone else, lol. keep a baseball bat by the bed just in case he freaks out badly.

totally kidding btw.
    Anonymous

• I was with him for two years, he broke up with me and then wanted me back. I was so close to taking him back until I called him and he was calling me all sorts of bad names, screaming at me and putting me down. Now hes been writing me to say sorry.
    Anonymous

• Write a list to yourself of why you broke up in the first place (I say list because it is usually a few things that let to a break up) Force yourself to remember the bad times and the bad things he has said and done. I know its tough if you still have feelings for someone to listen to them plead to you, been there and done that. If you can stay strong through each encounter they will stop. Just throw the letters away and don't even open them, Its hard but feel proud of yourself each time. Replay that conversation in your head of him calling you bad names and screaming at you and putting you down. Stay strong and it will stop.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 10:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• delete his emails and messages. ignore his calls. He'll go away.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Most of the breakups I've had have happened after much trying & soul-searching, when I realized that person was no longer someone who made me feel good about myself &/or brought happiness to my life, but was someone who tried to make me feel bad about myself or there was more hurt than joy. It is always a hard decision to make & it always hurts when you realize someone doesn't love you the way you deserve to be loved & is not capable of it for whatever reason. When I'm at that point, there is often no turning back. I am willing to work through conflict & forgive & ask for forgiveness, but when the tone of life is miserable overall, enough is enough. It's tempting to look back & think of the good times. But just be honest with yourself about what happened & what the possibilities are. We all act like idiots & then don't want to lose face or want to feel important. Figure out your motivation & you'll know the right answer.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i would just ignore him... tell him he had his chance and blew it.. your a better person then what he calls you and how he treats you, you deserve better and you will get it!!

stay strong ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Think of all of his flaws. when you first fall for someone you ignore them but now pay attention. Remember the reason you broke up and start thinking of the kind of guy you do want. Get out with your gf's( not where he is!) Maybe even start dating someone else, you won't feel weak if your with other people around. Don't feel pressured by his calls. Don't play games. Make it known it's over and he needs to move on. This will probably bruise his ego and make him go away. But if it doesn't get yourself some protection.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009