how many of you mommies remodel your house?

did you do your own house remodel? or did you hire someone?
did you take before and after pics ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm 3 days from my due date, and in the last 60 days my dad, my brother, my DH, and I have given the house we live in a facelift! That included painting (ourselves), having the carpets cleaned (hired), new furniture, built in shelving, a bar, and a pantry (ourselves)...

I love to make anything with potential look better, or be more functional! I'd rather do it myself and end up not liking it and doing it again than hire it done and not like it... I call it being economically conservative... lol
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I rent and have total control to do whatever I want to the place so I redone my dds room its now a bright pink and in Disney princess and in the middle of painting my living room it'll be blue on top, brown at the bottom with a faux with chair railing. I want to redo my bedroom but don't know what to do it in
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We are doing little things as we can afford them.
    This past weekend I painted the whole laundry room - I've never painted before. Now that it is dry, I see a lot of spots that I need to touch up. My husband is going to show me how to install the new light fixture we bought.
    My husband has been doing a lot of painting in our house and now that I have an idea of how to do it, I can help. I'm better at cutting in than at covering the walls - go figure.
    He redid our master bathroom before we moved in and it looks nice.
    We just bought the house 2 years ago and don't have enough money to do all the major things we want done, but when we do, there is so much to be done that we will hire professionals. (Roof, siding, windows, landscaping, enlarging certain rooms, building a sunroom, rebuilding our driveway, etc.).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009