a little weirded out...

ok so i just got a message from someone on here asking me to be their pen pal. they told me they are ALOT older than i am (no problem with that but it just kinda threw me that they wanted to randomly pen pal me). i have joined a few groups but not really posted much in them, so its not from talking to someone on in a group. so i write back anyways say hi how are you, how old are your kids etc...that is when i found out her age, but then she asks if i want to pen pal in snail mail????? am i the only one this has ever happened to, is this a regular thing on this site and im just freaking for no reason? i mean, i've gotten one message from this person and don't know a thing about her but she wants my address? i wrote back and said ummm sorry not giving out any info right now but still kinda creeped. and i am posting anon b/c if the person is geniune and im freaking for no reason i don't want to offend them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Smart move on your part. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• I don't see the point in doing it "snail mail" and wasting postage when you can do it for free through e-mail. I wouldn't give my info out to just anyone. Does this person have a finished profile? Are they brand new?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I've been on CM for almost 2 years now and have never had that happen nor heard of it happening. I think you made the right decision for sure.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• BE CAREFUL! REALLY YOU NEVER KNOW WHOS OUT THERE.
    Anonymous

• says she has 419 profile views so i assume here for awhile. but not a member of any groups...so i dont know. i was just wondering if its normal b/c it really creeped me out
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt do it because then they would have your address, and its a waste of money to send, just email its free :)
    Anonymous

• NEVER GIVE YOUR INFO OUT OVER THE INTERNET. "She" could really be some 67 year old creepy guy who chops people up in his basement (exaggeration but, yeah, you get my point)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Maybe she was just fishing for someone to advertise to...
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• thanks, i was just wondering if its happened to anyone else on here. really creepy. trust me the first thing i thought was some creepy guy who chops people up in his basement! thats why i was like WTF!!!????? so thanks for letting me know it hasnt happened to anyone else
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• This did happen to me when I first signed up, and I thought it was extremely strange. Strange enough for me to just ignore it.
    Anonymous