Fish Finger smelling urine in a 3yr old - what's that about????

Help.......... this morning when her nappy came off I got this awfull wift and found that her nappy smelt of fish fingers (which she had for dinner) and later on she had a wee on the toilet and that still smelt of fish fingers and very strong.

What is going on, does anyone have any advice on a similar topic or shold I take her to the Doctor?

Many thanks

FacePaintu2

Asked by FacePaintu2 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It can't hurt to put a call in tomorrow and ask if she should be seen. I've never heard of fish smell lingering in pee but there are medical problems that can cause it. Call and ask.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think it might be coincidence that she recently ate the fish sticks and her urine smells like fish. My guess is she has an infection of some sort and needs a check up to be sure.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• she might be dehydrated too, i know stinky pee sometimes means dehydration, but i would call the doctor and asked them what you should do and go from there
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 11:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• she is dehydrated. It makes the pee stink. she needs more water, juice and milk and lots of it!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hi everyone and thanks for all your advice, I did ring the doc as I suspected it was a Urinary tract infection and took her in and she is now on a course of antibiotics.
    FacePaintu2

Answer by FacePaintu2 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2009