Chores

What are good chores for a 13 & 17 year olds? Any good ideas?

gamermom804

Asked by gamermom804 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Do their own laundry
    Clean their room
    Clean their bathrooms
    Pull weeds and water plants
    Clean the garage and wash the car
    Do the dishes
    Make dinner
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• OOOH! Dishes, vaccuuming, mopping/sweeping kithen floors, cleaning their bathroom, doing their own laundry, Helping around the house. Anything good enough for YOU to do, is good for THEM to do. JMHO.
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 11:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• doing their own laundry, kitchen duty (dishes, cleaning the kitchen), cleaning the bathroom they use, mowing the lawn..anything you would do really they are old enough to clean house
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Taking care of themselves and everything that entails (clean up after themselves including room/dishes/bathroom/cooking periodically etc.).  A new responsibility should be added at each child's birthday (i.e. now that you are ? you are old enough to ?)  Chores help teach responsibility. Click on the Responsibility/Chore section on this link  http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ahahaha, sorry but when I read momjs's post all I could think was "Happy birthday, no time for cake.... your new chore is washing the car and boy is it dirty, so get going"

maybe wait til just after there birthday lol
    Anonymous

• I don't know what to say. My daughter who is 16 only unloads the dishwasher every day. She just learned to do her laundry. I have tried to teach her to cook. Forget it, we want to eat good food. She is in charge of keeping her bathroom clean and her room from growing fungus. That is about it. She will help when asked but I like things done my way. She does do a remarkable job of scrubbing down the kitchen. She only does this when I leave the house. Because it takes her forever.
    My son who is 12 is great at washing and folding laundry.Taking care of the outside plants. He is also going to be the chef in the family.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009