How early does colostrum come in?

I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 6th child; all of which came before 38 weeks. I woke up this evening after a nap and my breasts had soaked through my bra, shirt and left two large spots on my bedspread. I got up and took a shower, but noticed that the yellow spots are very obviously colostrum in my bra.
I am concerned as I've never had THIS much milk come in so fast. I've leaked in the past before pregnancy; sometimes as much as a quarter spot- but this was more the size of a 50 cent piece- (sorry for visuals) I'm just wondering if there is any correlation in early colostrum and the onset of labor? Do I have anything to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg that happened to me..u can get it at any point...just last week while i was actually on CF, my shirt felt soaked and i looked at it and my right nipple leaked a lot!!! i was in total shock...

you will get a lot..then some days you prolly wont see anything and you'll think your breasts have stopped making it when it hasnt stopped..

it just comes and goes as it pleases...and some days you'll have to squeeze your breast to even see anything..and sometimes squeezing nothing comes out...its normal =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• just yesterday i couldnt get anything to come out of my breasts (i like to know if my body is still making it) and NOTHING came out..and just now i checked and i just barely squeezed my boob and stuff came out ^_^

so everything is normal =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• im 32 weeks and i started leakin around 21 weeks ive soaked my shirt like the size of a hamburger :O
    Anonymous

• I think I started gettin colustrum around 8 months along.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I started leaking around 5 months with my first. Hamburger sized spots on the bedsheets. I had to wear breast pads for the last 4 months of my pregnancy. And I was induced at almost 41 weeks, he still wasn't coming. I don't think it has anything to do with the onset of labor.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009