Eight Year Old Always Hungry..

My eight year old son is always hungry. He is a bean pole, for breakfast can eat three waffles before school. I pack his lunch a lot of the time because if I do not he walks in the door hungry right away, even when I pack it he is hungry within an hour of being home. He eats dinner then before bed he will eat a sandwich. He eats healthy foods and snacks....

I plan to ask his doctor about this has soon has I can get an appointment but I was wondering what you ladies thought.

Thanks :) My wallet thanks you too :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe his thyroid gland is hyper.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• my older 2 boys are like this. they just have a high metabolism. I thought it was rough on the wallet when they were 7 & 8 , actually at 4.... LOL

---- NOW they are 14 and 15! I need to send then to get a job I think.
    and they are bean poles! my 14 yr old barely weighs 70 pounds.

my youngest is 12, a bean pole- but doesn't eat much at all. I worry about him the most.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i think its a boy thing! my brother is 17 and always at my house, he eats like crazy and has since he was about 8. i guess it kicks in then. might be the start of puberty
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My 10 year old is the same. He eats a good breakfast then has a morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack at school. When he comes home he is still starving. Today after school he ate three tacobell tacos and an apple and then still ate his dinner .
    This just started...he didn't eat this much before.
    He is very skinny...look on my profile and see.
    I think he is preparing for a growth spurt.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2009