Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you start a charity or fundraiser, to raise money to pay for court fees?


I'm interested in trying to setup something where people can make donations to help my sister-in-law pay for her court fees. She is trying to fight for custody of her daughter and has no money to do so. Her abusive ex husband was granted full custody of their daughter and the judge made a very made decision and we are trying to fight this decision. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Legal aid. Look them up in your county.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • It seems like in my area people are always having fund raisers. First do you or your family belong to a church? If so you could ask if they would let you use their kitchen to have a dinner or luncheon. They other day they had a mexican lunch fundraiser to raise money for medical bills for a mom of 3 with cancer.. You could have the church advertise it in their bulletin and put up fliers. I had a cousin who raised over 3 grand for her fathers funeral. A few weeks before he died she invited every single family and friend her dad or her knew and had a gathering where people dontaed money. It was so good for everyone to be able to say goodbye. Even people he hadnt seen since highschool came and were greatful to help them out.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • I'd be more than happy to help. I sell Avon and we do fundraisers all the time. They've very successful. Email me for details.

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

  • I do fundraisers all the time. PM me for details.

    Answer by Kari126 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.