potty training help

my daughter is 3. she will occasionally tell me she has to pee or poop and will get to the potty in plenty of time. but she NEVER EVER pees in the tub about every night she will tell me she has to pee and get out of the tub and pee. why is she telling me in the tub but not throughout the day? even if she wears big girl panties she still may pee in them

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My guess:
    When she's in the bathtub, she can see the potty. She also doesn't want to just pee in the water. any more than she wants to just pee her pants.
    During the day, she is busy playing and having fun. She'll put off going to the bathroom for as long as possible since it means she must voluntarily be willing to stop playing. What normal, healthy kid wants to stop playing all on her own?
    So, help her out. During the day, keep an eye on her. If she is doing the potty dance, tell her to go. Don't ask if she has to. Simply tell her it's time to go. Also, keep a mental track of when she last went. If it's coming up on 3 hours, tell her to go.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• (this was what my dd problem was it seems)...
    Could her wearing panties be "telling her brain" she still has a diaper on.. (lol) ...
    My dd would pee in panties & diapers.. UGH frustrating.. One day she was running around naked. Lo-N-Be-Hold... she took herself to her little potty & peed by herself! she was runing around naked because 1hr before she had peed in her panties, so when that happened (and reading other stuff on CM) a big lightbulb went off in my head!
    So...... try getting your dd in some long gowns or run around nude, whatever your family is ok with. with no panties on.. every 15min ask her if she needs to go potty & see how this works..
    NO PANTIES for as long as you can. if your a SAHM, try going 5 days! If you work or she goes to daycare, start saturday morning- sunday bedtime & go from there..
    good luck.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i've tried both of these things. my daughter is so very stubborn which is a quality i love b/c it means when she doesnt want to do something she doesnt so i hope that carries into peer pressure but right now it is killing me. if she is naked she just stops and pees or hides and pees on the floor. i've done the put her on the potty every 15-30 mins and she wont go on the potty she just pees on the floor or in her pants. whereas some days she wont pee herself at all and will use the potty all day. i just dont know what else to do
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009