Questions for those of ALL beliefs....................

Do you think that someone with beliefs that oppose yours can be genuinely happy & fulfilled?

If you are Christian, do you believe a non Christian can be completely happy & fulfilled (in this lifetime & say they never live to see "the end")? Or do you believe someone must have Jesus in thier life to have true fulfillment?

If you are not Christian, do you believe that a Christian can be completely happy & fulfilled? Or do you believe that in order to have true happiness & fulfillment they must share your religion/beliefs/philosophy?

If you are Athiest or Agnostic, do you believe that those who have some form belief in God or Religion can be completely happy & fulfilled? Or do you believe that God/Religion is a crutch and therefore antithetical to genuinne happiness?

Or do you believe something else entirely?

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 11:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that a person is not fulfilled if they are not following their own path whatever it may be. If a person is being true to themselves and their own beliefs, whatever it is, then that person can be truly fulfilled.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think that there is more than one path to fulfillment, but that is not an easy path no mater which one you choose
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think that no matter what you believe in, you have to find your own path to happiness. I don't push my beliefs or non beliefs on anyone else, so therefore don't put a whole lot of time worrying about whether or not they are happy. I assume they are doing what works for them.
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 11:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• For some, ignorance is bliss...
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I KNOW that if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ that's all you need to make you happy

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know that people can be happy with or without religion.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Both happiness and fullfilment can be achieved many ways, but in most cases are emotional and temporary. True Joy of the soul, doesn't mean that you will always be cheery and upbeat, but true joy of the soul means that you are secure in your eternal fate, secure in your positon on this earth, and the only way a person can achieve true joy and fullfillment is through the salvation of Jesus Christ. It's my belief and experience that any other happiness and fullfilment is emotional and temporary.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Mine is too exclusive for that. Most people would be miserable in mine because it's not meant for them, just like I'd be miserable in theirs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Joy and peace can be found in many paths; if someone is finding deep meaning and connection with God and unconditional love for all mankind through the teachings of Jesus and the understandings of Christianity then that is absolutely the right path. If Christianity creates in a person a closed heart and spirit of pride and smugness, then that person's ego is in between them and the Divine. This is the case with all paths. I found great happiness in Christianity, and I smile when I hear Christians say "Couldn't have been very devout, if you gave up your faith!" because I was THERE at one point. I did have true, pious, observant faith...but not anything like the peace and joy that I have found in pantheism, a broader understanding of God. I tried to remain Christian even as the Whole of Everything that Is was pulling me to a closer relationship, deeper connection, larger communion. Christianity is not for me.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I believe that religion (including lack of) is entirely personal. A person's happiness is never solely dependent on God, etc. And although plenty of people use religion as a crutch, it enriches and enhances the lives of many. It's not up to me to decide what works for someone else or what anyone else's experience means to them. Although my personal spiritual path is non-standard, I don't see what it has to do with anyone else, either their view of my beliefs nor my view of theirs. If someone else believes their religion brings them fulfillment, then it does. How could my personal experience or belief possibly take away from that?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009