OMG brakes my heart : (

Cops:Breastfeeding Teen
Driver was Drunk

Created On: Monday, 06 Apr 2009, 9:18 AM CDT

ALICE SPRINGS, Australia - A teenaged mother who was breastfeeding her infant son while driving was also too drunk to submit to an alcohol breath test, say Australian police.

According to the Herald Sun newspaper, the 19-year-old woman was pulled over after she drove from a hotel parking lot into the path of a patrol car.

Officers report she was too drunk to even give a breath sample.

"She failed to blow into the breathalyzer," said a spokeswoman for the Northern Territory police.

The mother now faces charges of failing to provide a breath sample, driving without a license, driving an unregistered and uninsured motor vehicle, failing to give way and driving with an unrestrained child under 12 months. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS STORY AND WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO THIS GIRL FOR HER ACTIONS???

achylegs

Asked by achylegs at 11:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG! she should lose her child! thats crazy, for one shouldn't you not breastfeed if you are that drunk? and another not only were you driving with your child while drunk but he wasn't even buckled up
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i have no words .... people man
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ugh, get this!! After my daughter was born, my DH and I went "out on the town". I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking and I thought a few glasses of wine wouldn't hurt... well, I was three sheets to the wind... next morning MIL is telling me about how the baby was crying and she was trying to get her to nurse!!! Imagine having your MIL trying to stick your boob into you baby's mouth.... I wanted to die!! PLUS, it wasn't good for her. Damn, give the kid a bottle!!!
    Anonymous

• slap

sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Detox for one. Baby becomes a state ward next.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• As the gung ho breastfeeders would say "hey at least she wasn't feeding him toxic formula"!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• omg are you serious... drunk while driving and bf-ing her baby?!?!? she should get a looonngg time in jail and the baby taken from her..

legal...omg are you serious?? i am 110% for bfing alllll day, but i would MUCH rather have the baby drink "toxic formula" *eye roll*.. then be drunk, driving, and bfing her baby!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I so know. As my hubby would say " She should be shot "
    achylegs

Answer by achylegs at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Rehab... taking her son away would take this woman's motivation to change away. She should also take some parenting classes.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Look, she's going to face whatever comes, and I'm sure it will be hard. The bright side: she did not kill anyone or her baby at this point. She was stopped! I'm thankful for that after reading about what she did.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009