What doctor should I see?

I was complaining to my parents of dizziness and also posted a question in health a while ago about it.
I get the feeling that you get when you stand up too fast often when I am just standing around or even sitting. I know it is not because I lock my knees or because I need to eat or drink. Everyone who answered my question said to see a doctor but I forgot to mention that I am four weeks postpartum.
Should I call my ob/gyn or just go to a clinic? and has anyone else experienced something similar?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your OB/GYN .. i forget what that can be a sign of.. but i remember them warning me that if i was getting dizzy a lot.. to call them ASAP. So.. call... call the after hours nurse.. or you can even call the ER nurse.. they would be able to direct you.

Good luck mommy.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• GO SEE A DOCTOR,AND THAT DIZZINESS HAS HAPPENED TO ME WHWN I STAND UP TOO FAST,BUT YOU ARE POSTPARTUM SO CHECK IT OUT TO BE SAFE.
    titno1

Answer by titno1 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• See the first doctor you can!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Check with either your primary care doctor or OB. Both should be able to get you the help you need.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 12:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I called the ob/gyn office and they said to go to the clinic. I went to the clinic and the doctor said it is because I am still passing blood clots which is apparently abnormal at four weeks? He said to call back my gyno and get in earlier than six weeks and so I talked to his receptionist and he is going on vacation and I'll see him on our scheduled appointment. UGH! hahaha So frustrating.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009