Does your husband try to help with the female child

I rarely see it, but I think it's nice when a father really gets in to his female child. He will change her clothes, bathe her, and even dress her. Are there any men in your family like this? It think it's sweet. My daughter never got this lucky. Good dads are rare. To all women that have this type of man in your life...I'm jealous.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 12:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My girls and I are extremely lucky, their father would change their diapers, give them baths, cook their dinner when I was at school. He even plays babies with them, lets them place barrettes in his hair and put makeup on him :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wish...my man has never bathed, dressed, or taken my daughter to the potty! He thinks that it is weird when men do this, just cause it's the opposite sex! I don't get it myself, that is your daughter, Are you looking at her in a perverted way or something? That is what I always thought when he gave me those lame excuses!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My husband does not.
    My younger brother stayed with me for a couple of days while he was home from college, and did all of the diaper changes, and baths, and feedings. He only asked a couple of questions about how he was so supposed to wash her "down there" lol, but he was such a trooper! I was so proud of him, he is a little disappointed in my husband that he doesn't do those things with her, and he is her father.
    My husband and I have been doing counseling because of post deployment issues, and he has been doing diaper changes for her if he gets her up in the morning, so we are making a little progress, lol.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I feel really lucky! My husband has pretty much taken over duty for both my kids but my girl is really a daddys girl. If I don't do something he will do it or offer to do it before i get around to it. He is really good with both our kids and sometimes even lets me sleep in if i'm really tired or had a rough night. It's kinda nice since i've never had anyone do something like this for me.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My husband bathes our daughter, changes clothes, diapers and so on but no other male in the family is ever allowed to.
    BayleesMomma104

Answer by BayleesMomma104 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my husband will change diapers, clothes, braid her hair (hes better than me) but will not bathe her on a regular basis. he will every once in awhile but says even though its his daugher he feels weird washing her. my younger brother babysits for us and he has probably given her more baths than hubby has. but he freaks about changing the diaper says that is weirder than bathing her. he still does it obviously since he babysits but he gets freaked out about it and wont do it if i or another woman is around
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My fiance will if this baby on the way is a girl. She will be basically his, and i KNOW he wont let me have a big role, just because he wants a girl SO bad. at least this is what he thinks until she wakes up in the middle of the night at least four times lol then its all me!! i cant wait to find out what im having!!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We have 3 girls and my husband has done and does everything with them. He did most of the diaper changes when they were little because I was constantly pregnant and the smell made me want to vomit. In fact he changed our oldest daughter's very first diaper in the hospital. I didn't change one until she was like 2 days old. And he potty trained them for the most part. When we were out he was the one to change diapers and really hated it when the men's room didn't have a changing table.
    I'm teaching my son the same way. He helped potty train his baby sister last year (she was 2 1/2 and he was 7). He's changed her diaper, or at least tried. He dresses her and helps her in the bath. My children are completely unashamed of their bodies and still all dress in front of each other and bathe together (the girls are 8, 6 and 3 and my son is 7).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:19 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My DH isn't home alot, but when he is, our 3 month old daughter can't stop staring at him. He's never bathed her, but he changed her diaper and dresses her, feeds her, gets her to sleep and gives her medicine when she needs it. I was very lucky to have a good dad that took very good care of me, and I think my daughter has that as well.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It took my husband almost a week to change her diaper for his first time. She was 2 1/2 months old before he ever dressed her on his own. And he just gave her a bath for his first time last week, and she is 3 months old. But also, this is our first baby, so he is probably just timid and scared. He gets down and plays with her a lot and loves to hold her and feed her and sit her in his lap while he plays video games, lmao. She's definitely a daddy's girl, though!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:29 AM on Apr. 7, 2009