What should i do advice please?

So this morning my baby dropped then later on my stomach started tightening up with back pain on left side only then sharp vag pain. So i went to L&D and they said i wasn't contracting even tho i was and still are in pain. So my dr said just to give me pain meds and go home till my appt wed. Well i have still been getting pain and not only that i just had severe diahrrea and im sick to my stomach and still getting pain in my back. What should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go back to L&D and let them know that the pain hasn't gone away, and make them aware of the new symptoms...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would go back anyway. There is a reason why you are in pain! Did they give you an explanation as to why they are giving you pain medications?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No they told me that having this much pain and pressure was typical. All they gave me was Lortab.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That type of pain isn't the "typical" preg pain. Do you think it is sciatica? It can be a b*tch and hurt like hell, and the pain could make you sick (kind of like domino effect). But the doctors should at least explain to you what's going on before discharging you. I'd demand a do-over...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• definatley demand a do-over, at the least.If your doc. still is brushing it off, I'd see someone else.I have no idea what it could be, but I hate when pregnant woman, moms, or anyone else is not at ease with what the doctor has told them, and they still brush it off anyways.If you feel something's not right, they should be concerned enough to check into it more and figure out what's going on.One of my best friends was around 5 months pregnant and kept having problems, and the doctors kept telling her not to worry about any of it.She ended up having a still-birth / misscarriage, and the next week or so, passed out and went into shock because of infection from the NOT PERFORMING A DNC ON HER! She had an infection because part of her placenta was still attached.I was so outraged.It was her first, so she didn't know any better.You're so far along, you don't have to worry about that happening. But don't ignore your instincts!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 12:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt take that medicine. Go back and tell them that you are not leaving until they give you answers.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009