What should I try for a stuffy nose?

My four week old has a stuffy nose. We didnt sleep at all last night and it doesnt look like we will tonight either. He doesnt have any other cold symptoms and his temp is normal. I am calling the doctor tommorow if it doesnt clear up some by then.
My question is how can I help him? I've tried steam, saline drops, breastmilk up the nose, vicks high up on my breast while I nurse so he can smell it (without putting it on him or a bib like my mil suggested). Nothing I do loosens the stuffiness up enough to suck it out with the bulb. Hes been sleeping in his swing all day because I dont want him on his back in the crib where I cant hear him.
What else can I try? Luckily I got a good four hours of sleep before my husband went to work so Im energized to take care of him tonight! Help me out moms, I dont like listening to my baby be stuffy!

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 12:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• run a vaporizer and use a nose sucker thing my 4 1/2 month old has a stuffy nose...and i havent been able to go to bed until like 3 am the last 2 nights and then we get up at 7 and so the doc told me to run my vaporizer and suck out her nose
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my little dude is stuffy, with allergies, ugh. but i am able to get it out with the bulb (sometimes i have to do it twice a night). everything i would've suggested, you already said you've tried. one last thing you can try is putting the vicks on the soles of his feet and putting socks over it
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My baby girl is almost 3 months and she's had a lot of stuffy noses.. you just have to keep it cleaned out with one of those booger sucker things and it clears up by its self..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Get a cool vaporizor & a 'Little Noses'.
    Little noses has saline drops & an aspirator, both work wonders. Your child may not like them and may fuss or fight you a little but it is necessary so that they can breathe.
    For the vaporizor put it, yourself, & baby under a big sheet for 15 minute intervals. It really helps break things up.
    We also did Vick's baby on her back and the bottoms of her feet.
    Hope that this helps.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I ended up breaking down and buying an electric nasal aspirator. It is so much easier and gentle. I think I paid $25.00 for mine at Babies R Us. I love it! Hope you little one gets better soon.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 8:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2009