How much do swimming lessons for kids usually cost?

My sister just heard about a place close to us that gives swimming lessons to kids as young as 1. We both would love to get all 3 of our kids (my 2 & her 1) lessons. She has a friend that's supposed to be checking into it for us, but I was wandering how much people on here usually pay for (or are paid to give) swimming lessons for kids so I would know about what to expect?

Ravensmom07

Asked by Ravensmom07 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• It really just depends. I always took mine for lessons at the ymca and I think it was 35 dollars for like 6 saturdays. They also have them at the local pool for I think 2 weeks everyday for 35 dollars.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I got my kids lessons for $35 for a 4 or 6 week class ( I don't really remember). They loved it and we got to go 2 days a week. The Y has a monthly membership, but lessons are free and you can do tumbling, karate, and lots of other stuff and it is ALL included in the price. They also start at 6 months with parents and 3 without parents in the water. The public pool waits till 4, here, to be in the water without a parent.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i pay about $46 for 8 lessons..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It depends. My son goes to our local YMCA and his membership was $65 for the year and each session is $105 for swimming. The sessions are once a week for 6 weeks.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I paid the local Parks Dept $35 last year for 12 lessons. 2 per week for 6 weeks.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• wow...and my hubby thought we were paying a little much lol...i kept telling him no. here at our aquatic center my son and i were taking parent/tot and for 5 weeks/1 day a week it was 17.50. Now i do think that the older kids classes were 35 for a set of classes but they go 2 days a week/5 weeks!!
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well around here at the YMCA if you are a member it is $15 each kid if non member it is $35 each kid. This is 6 weeks once a week. The ones for younger kids I personally feel are better at around 18 months old and they aren't really "lessons" . A parent is in the pool and it is more to get the kids used to the water. My son is in the "preschool" class this year which means no parents in the pool and he is doing great.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009