What do YOU think causes autism??

What do YOU think causes autism??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• i think its a combination of everything: vaccines, environmental, and genetic
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Heavy metal toxicity combined with a genetic sensitivity to heavy metals, most likely, for most. For some children it can be a severe reaction to wheat products, the toxins that build up can cause hallucinogenic effects. (Which doesn't mean hallucinations, but severe sensory dysfunction.) There are probably several different causes, as many causes and contributing factors as there are "types" of ASD.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• High mercury levels and genetics
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think they are going to discover that vaccines cause mutations in our genes that cause us to give birth to children with autism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• They have proven in Europe that is it genetic. Those with heavy metal poisoning have just that and not autism.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Genetics
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I just read in a medical journal published the other day that it has been proven that vaccines do not cause autism. It points to genetics more than anything.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• A wide variety of things! I don't believe that the vaccines we give our children today will cause autism, but I do believe they can definately trigger it in children at a higher risk. Then there's the environment and genetics.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think It's a combination of kids being subjected to too much tv at young ages, and also people now a days telling children that it's ok to act like a butthead because they have a disorder. I have yet to meet an autistic child that couldn't name every cartoon character on TV.

dessagod

Answer by dessagod at 9:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Genetics,
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009