When was the last time you committed a.....

Random act of kindness, whether you just wanted to do it or couldn't help but HELP? i.e. you see someone having a hard time with something and you can't help but help them?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly yesterday! I had a double stroller i didn't need anymore and gave it to a family who could use it. I try to do that with all the things i no longer need but can still be used. It feels good helping other people and i just hope that when i might need help someone will give me the same thing.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I held the door for a lady a church the other day.. we were both running late and i was holding it for a while.. but after that i got in and found a seat with my husband and this guy in front of us gave us a book that was opened up on the page everyone else was on.. pretty good karma huh
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Wow, Jan0609 where was this guy when I needed him yesterday? lol I swear I could not find my place in the missalette, I just listened as hard as I could.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I stopped for a car accident on Friday lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i was at the store w/o my daughter. the woman in the car next to me had two little ones (maybe 3 and 6) with her and looked like she was about to pop (preg), it was pouring so she opened the door and put the kids in the car then turned her back to grab her purse and throw it in before putting in the groceries well she hadnt buckled the kids yet and the younger one started to make a dive outta the car. so i grabbed him and put him back in his seat then buckled him for her while she was loading the car. mines 3 so i soo know the feeling of omg will she just sit still!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i rescued a stray dog yesterday. a sweet rottweiler. trying to find his owners, or atleast a good home for him!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure if it's a random act of kindness (my neighbors don't seem to care) but I'm always picking up garages that have tipped over and little pieces of trash that have fallen out.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Garages?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I honestly cannot recall when the last time was. Not that I don't to RAK's often but I don't mark them down to memory. I just do them. I hold doors open, I let people in front of me in lines if they just have a few things, I smile at fussing babies to try to calm them down, etc.. I didn't go anywhere Sat. or Sun. except to see a movie on Sat. but I am sure that some time last week I did something to help someone. I have a vague memory of holding a door open for a lady at the mall who had her hands full and I don't know if it counts but on Sat. I held the door open when I was leaving the restroom for the girl who'd opened it for me when I went in. I don't really count that as an RAK though.

I can recall the last RAK someone did for me. Today at the grocery store I just had a gallon of milk and the woman next in line had a full cart & she let me go ahead of her since I just had milk. I thanked her for letting me go next.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Today I checked on my coworker who had a surgical procedure done on her back (herniated disk). It's not serving in a soup kitchen or being a missionary, but this kind of stuff makes a difference and is easy to do on a regular basis. It is so simple to just show another person that they matter and that someone cares about them. Since my time and finances are limited, it's often the most I can do, but these types of kindnesses make a world of difference. All you have to do is care about people and not be selfish in the process. What is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for you? Often it's just paying attention, isn't it?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009