Is this normal???

I have a four month old baby and since a few days ago I have noticed that she has been sleeping a lot. She goes to bed around 10pm and sleeps the whole night and most part of the morning. Thru the day she takes short naps of 15 to 30 minutes at a time plus she stuffs her face when she is awake. Is that normal for a 4 month old to sleep that much? I'm begining to get concern about the extended amount of hours she is sleeping. My baby whent from not sleeping much and spending most of the night and day awake to sleeping way to much, and I don't know if this is something I should worry about.

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 1:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal. Sounds like a growth spurt. The only time a body can grow is when a certain chemical is released from the brain. Guess what... it is only released while the person is sleeping. That's why babies sleep so much. They grow a lot in the first year, so they need a lot of sleep.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Very normal.. as long as she is eating enough and not loosing weight she is perfectly fine
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• OMG MY BABY JUST TURNED 4 MONTHS YESTERDAY AND SHE IS DOING SOME OF THE SAME THINGS. I AM A FIRST TIME MOM AND IT WORRIED ME IF SHE WAS OKAY BUT I WAS TOLD THAT IT COULD BE A GROWTH SPURT.
    jordynmommy08

Answer by jordynmommy08 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• GROWTH SPURT!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hell, I'm jealous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Trust me nothing to be jealous about, cause now she don't sleep during the day more than 15 minutes at a time. So I can't get anything done during the day...lol
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 5:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009