Have you ever given youself a five finger discount??

Have you ever stolen?
What?

LimoMOM5

Asked by LimoMOM5 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. Stealing is wrong.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When I was younger, yes I did steal a few times (mostly cigarrettes at the grocery store about 23-24 years ago). Since I have become a mom though, no I have never stolen anything.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah, something about becoming a mom makes you look at yourself in a different way. I am no role model but I don't steal. ok maybe I take some extra napkins or sugar packets but nothing major! lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Sure when I was 10 I stole candy... but not after.

Once you are old enough to know that when you steal something you are DIRECTLY hurting someone, then no. Karma will get people who steal in the end.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When i was younger i was a pro at it not that i'm proud of it. I used to steal stupid things like clothes from family dollar. I was only 13 and lived in vermont. I haven't done that since then because i did get caught and it's not worth it. I'm just glad i found out at a young age so i don't have to live with the consequenses right now.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:27 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, when I was in high school I did. I was in a family of 5 kids and the youngest of 3 girls. I lived on hand-me-downs. I would steal clothes from Bon-ton. I was a PRO! Then when I turned 15, I got a job and stopped. Finally, I could buy my own NEW clothes. That is why my daughter only has a couple of used outfits, things my sisters gave that they really loved. My daughter will never live off of other people's leftovers.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yeah I met this "friend" when I was 19 and she got me to start doing it with her, she had been doing it for 3 yrs when she was pregnant and brought her kid along(never was a good mother and she doesnt have them anymore)... i did for almost 2 yrs but never anything big like she did( I took dr peppers, makeup, cds etc and she took clothes, expensive duvet covers that she would exchange for BIG items like.... dressers and computer desks and vacuum cleaners)... we got caught and sat in jail. Once I had my daughter I changed completely and am happy to say she and I are no longer friends because she didnt change (she even stole from me)... I stayed close enough to be a good influence on her children though so hopefully they wont follow in her footsteps. ... I could go on and on about that girl but... thats not what this is about.... I have in the past and do not anymore
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nope. Never. I can't, I have a horribly honest conscience, and I'm a BAD liar. Karma, dude.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:00 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As a kid I did but stopped around the age of 10
    When I was in my early 20's, married with 3 kids, 2 in diapers and my MIL had a stash of diapers at her place. Well I would go to the guest bedroom, where the diapers were at and stash some extras in my diaper bag to take home. We had very little money and if I hadn't done that my babies would have had to use a dish towel fastened with safety pins or something else along that line.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I did when I was five at Fred Meyer's. My brother kept bugging me to take some candy, so I did and then my mom saw it, payed for it, made me throw it away, and then spanked my but infront of the whole store. YEAH! That was back in the day when you could tan your kids hide without fear of someone calling CPS on you. Also my dad worked at a store then and afterwards my mom took us there; my dad just got done busting someone for shoplifting and then he put the handcuffs on me! MAN I cried, even after they just fell off from my hands. I learned my lesson well. Besides, if ppl wouldn't steal the cost of things wouldn't be so high. Greed(theft) has ultimately been the real reason why our economy is in the pooper!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2009