does it work

has any one lost weight by only walking and running occasionally im trying to lose 50 lbs and everyone tells me to stop drinking soda and walk on my treadmill but will that help any one any ideas how to start

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Of course it will help. And doing it occasionally isn't going to do it. Doing it everyday for 30-60 minutes is what to do. And not just a stroll, a brisk walk. And duh, stop drinking soda.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, switching to diet or getting rid of soda will make a difference and any exercise is better than none. Drink more water. Before every meal, drink a full glass of water (not full of ice) and if you are still hungry after your single serving . .drink another glass of water. It is great for your entire body and can help to curb your appetite. I know I shouldn't suggest this, but I will. I am currently taking Stimerex-ES to lose like 15lbs. I just started it, and let me tell you that it totally curbs my appetite (I drink a slim fast for breakfast and lunch with fruit). I then eat a healthy dinner. It also gives me lots of energy to exercise. Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That is pretty much what I have been doing, but I also am doing low-carb, drinking plenty of water, and started aerobics. Since March 1st, I have cheated about 12 times. I lost 12 lbs so far. I have 40 more to go. Exercise is very important. So, my answer is YES.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:57 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Brisk walking will definately help.
    Drink water, eat a higher fiber and protein diet.
    Try to avoid all the empty calories, eg soda, candy
    Don't buy fast food !!!!
    Try to avoid eating past 6 pm
    Have your biggest meal of the day at lunch.
    5 to 7 small meals is much better than 3 as it increases your metabolism.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The running part is called sprinting. I do this at my gym on the indoor track. I walk briskly, the sides & sprint on the ends. My trainer said that those training for a marathon in our town do this. When you boost your heart rate up in intervals, its been proven to help you continue to burn calories even after you stop.

Don't forget to do a good full body warm up and stretch. If you don't you'll find that you can get shin splints. Warming up makes your muscles hug tighter to the bones so that you are able to walk with a better gait as well as run more securely so that you are less likely to trip and fall. If you did fall, then you would be less likely to break a bone, b/c the muscle is tight to the bone protecting it.

Keep going. I would wear a ped. all day long & then walk/run till you have reached 10K for the entire day. Keeping your calories to 1500-1800 a day will help you lose pounds each week.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:02 AM on Apr. 7, 2009