when do babies usually rollover,sit up, and crawl?

Is there anything I can do to help her learn to roll-over? She is four months old, and has rolled a few times but now she is getting increasingly more frustrated at tummy time and wont roll anymore. It looks like she is trying to crawl.

Kyras_Mama124

Asked by Kyras_Mama124 at 1:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did the same thing, he rolled a couple times at 4 months. More than likely it was just luck at such a young age. He really started trying more at 5-6 months by 6 he was rolling both ways across the room to get to things, and sitting up alone. He was crawling by about 7 months, and walking at 11. Just encourage her, praise her. I clap and giggle, say "yay good baby" He loves learning new things especially when he sees mama smile. I got down on the floor with him everyday and showed him how to do those things. By actually showing him with cause and effect, and then I would do it. Its so much fun teaching them these things so have a blast with it. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my son did that for a bit. Now at 7 months he is crawling everywhere and boy is he fast. I think they get frustrated because they know they should be able to do it but can't figure out how. I know my son used to cry when he saw the older kids crawling and walking around at play group.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, my daughter didn't start rolling consistently until around 4 months. She is now 9 months and still isn't crawling. She scoots on her butt to get around. Sometimes, she is on her belly and will somehow move a few feet in a couple seconds, but I seem to miss it. I know she is not "crawling" . . . I would have caught her by now. She definitely gets around though. I just figure they all grow at their own pace and the back to sleep campaign makes babies crawl/walk later. That is fine with me! I'd rather have a baby that walks later, than a SIDS tragedy . .. we all would. Don't worry, baby will do things when baby is ready.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009