please help - 7 month old wakes up screaming

My son has been waking up screaming the past few nights. It is not like when he just wakes up and starts babbling then cries until someone pays attention to him; it is full out torture screams. The first few times I heard it I thought he had broke his arm or something.
Right now he is going threw really bad separation anxiety and he is teething. I am not sure which of these is the problem or if it is something else. He is completely inconsolable other then to breastfeed him (normally when he wakes up I can just rub his back til he goes back to sleep)
Anyone have any suggestions on what this could be or how I can help him?

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 2:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be his teeth, or it could be night terrors starting. Since nursing helps I say just nurse him when he does that. Emi started this about a month and a half ago, she'd wake up screaming for no apparent reason. I actually have to turn the lights on and wake her fully up to get her to quit. Then we can nurse and go back to sleep. Good luck!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Maybe since the only thing that calms him down is you nursing that just means he's really hungry. He might be going thru a growth spurt and just be very hungry. Just a thought.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2009