Do you not want to be friends with someone if you think they are ...

fat, or ugly? Do you generally add friends that you think are attractive or the ones that are less attractive? I admit that I look at someones profile page and want to see them before I add them as my friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't care what people look like. I do like looking at profiles, but I like to look to get to know who I'm adding. Not to see if they are attractive or not.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well I am fat so no I really don't do that. And if anyone has done it too me then I am glad, because I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone that shallow anyways.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I generally don't add random people period. Fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, tall, short...if I don't know you I probably won't add you. Especially if you don't at least send a message first. But no I'm not shallow enough to base my Cafe Mom friend's list on looks..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, because everyone who's generally nice could use a friend. Looks are only superficial...it's always easy to judge a book by it's cover, but also you find hidden treasure in the place you least expect it. In my opinion, ppl who know they're good looking and flaunt that are pretty insecure and shallow. Everyone's got their ugly day coming...botox and all that stuff only gets you so far and then I guess you'd find out who your real friends are. Ask yourself this...would you love your kid any less if they weren't attractive? If not, then don't apply that to other ppl. Really nothing to prove that those more attractive are more happy or satisfied with themselves than those that aren't either. It's the heart that matters. Just my opinion.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• same here and it depends on my mood,if i feel sexy then i wanna have someone else to help me feel sexy cuz u are who u hang out wit but at the same time....when im upset wth my image.it sucks 2 have them as friends cuz i just point out all my flaws! go figure!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think looks" is the last thing that should be on a friend application. Why should people think that they will all get along because they are attractive? I would never not add someone as a friend because they weren't beautiful. Most of the time, you can't see who they are anyway. I certainly am not beautiful, but I know that I'm a good person. One beafuty of the internet is that you do see the inside of most people. They are online and have no need to lie. If anyone doesn't add you because of your looks . . . well screw them . . that just leaves space for a real friend.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• no, if i like someone from talking to them, why should it matter what they look like. i don't care if you're purple with green polka-dots, if you're my type of person i'll be your friend. i'm not shallow.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am friends with everyone, and close to only those that really "get me". My good friend of 20 years is like 350 lbs. I never even notice it, I notice how she is with me and my son.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nope, but I was always the pretty friend, until I had my boys, then I got fat.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• most of my friends are over weight. BUT I have found. . (just my own personal OPINION) that I don't get along with other girls the same size as me. I am in no way thinking I look better than my friends. They are just more down to earth, and care about real things, and not the latest pair of pumps they can wear to make their legs look better. They don't worry about fashion, or anything. They are moms who care about their kids.
    I have nothing against 'skinny girls' but i just don't get along with them. I don't feel the need to flaunt my stuff, so i don't fit in with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2009