Is the Iraq War a Success?

$600 billion and 4000 + American lives later, are we succeeding in our goals?

ddbz

Asked by ddbz at 2:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i really dont know. i think it was in the begining b/c it seemed like the right thing to do but i do think that we stayed too long. and y do we always have to go to other countries and make ppl live like us??? who are we to say that the way others live is wrong???
    EliseSantos

Answer by EliseSantos at 6:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No.

I never agreed with going to Iraq. I could write an entire book but I'll spare myself the inevitable rudeness by not.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Google is your friend. Try a little research or ask a soldier who has been there and returned of their own free will.

I'll bet the 4000 service men and women who died fighting for their country would do it again if they could! It's only the people who could not imagine defending themselves or others that have a hard time wrapping their heads around it.

The US has become a very wussified country. I'll bet many of you can tell me more than I ever wanted to know about American Idol, butu when it comes to foreign policy and terrorists, you haven't got a clue!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think we have rid that country of the horrible dicator that was killing innocent people who didn't agree with his policies. Does that country still have a long way ahead of them...sure do. But being the wife a Marine who fought three different times and was in the infamous battle for Fallujah, I would say we have helped that country to the best of our ability. But to say that those 4000+ who died did it for nothing is very horrible. Nothing hurts more than having your husband call home to tell you the best man to be in our wedding was killed in action. That was almost 4yrs ago and I still think about all those men from his platoon that died, wondering where they would be today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i think it's a waste of time, they're still killing our men & each other, i say let them kill each other off & bring our guys home
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• WW2 U.S. military casualties ~ 416,800

This is what happens when the crazy little man gets out of control BEFORE you take him out.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• oops...posted b4 finished...

WW2 TOTAL military casualties.....25,280,100

By all means, next time we should wait like we did back then so that many MANY more can die and more people will consider it a success.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Isn't that the liberals definition of population control?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Thanks momof030404...for putting a little perspective on things!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:37 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Meh there are always those who would say this war or that war was a complete failure just as there have always been those who turn against the president in charge who led it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2009