how can i get my baby to sleep in her own bed

she is 11mo and sleeps with me at night she us to sleep in my arms for naps due to our old living situation when i put her in her bed she feels like she is falling because i have it lowest it can go. she is already trying to climb up thinks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had this problem with my son from about 9-12months. He was always sleeping in our bed and every time we put him back in his cot he would scream the house down so we ended up giving in. My mum told me that when he is tired to put him in his cot and leave the room and let him cry.

The first night he cried for half an hour and fell a sleep. Second night he cried for 15 mins. Third night he never cried. He learnt that I was not coming back for him so he miswel go to sleep.

Just make sure she is not hungry and you have changed her and leave her in her cot. Even if she cries for an hour just leave her as she needs to learn to sleep in there.

I know you might think it is awful leaving her as I was the same but I am glad I did as now we can go to bed knowing we are going to get a good night sleep. Also it could take long for your baby to get used to sleeping in her cot but stick with it.
    Blondielicious

Answer by Blondielicious at 4:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son is a little over a year, and I am just putting him in a toddler bed. He rejects to cribs, and playpins. He absolutly hates them. His bed he thinks is fun. lol. Maybe because he doesnt feel trapped. But I have to lay with him until he falls asleep, lol. I actually get in his bed and bf him to sleep. then crawl out and cover him. He sleeps all night fine, but as soon as the sun comes out he sits up, sleepy eyed saying mama, mama. until I pick him up and take him in bed with me and bf him back to sleep. But we just started this last week. =) Good luck
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Try naps there first. Wait until she's sleepy but not asleep and put her down in her crib. If she fusses a bit about being there it's ok, if she is actively upset and crying/screaming then comfort her but keep putting her in her crib. She will get the hang of it. She's just in the habit of sleeping elsewhere and as we all know, habits don't change easily. Once she feels safe and comfortable enough in her crib to take naps there easily, you can work on bedtime. Good Luck
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:07 AM on Apr. 7, 2009